Promoting fintech brands is often a tightrope to walk. One of the main challenges comes in the form of having to build interest and appeal around financial technology (‘fintech’). Let’s face it: financial services are mind-numbing from a consumer’s point of view. Companies in the financial sector routinely struggle to make their marketing content less boring for the audience. Throw in technology that few people understand and you have a recipe to lose consumer attention in merely a few seconds!
This is where video helps. A well-crafted video can help fintech brands turn boring and complex information into something simple and relatable to consumers. Video interviews can help the brand present itself before its audience and give them a behind-the-scene peek into what they do. But here’s the thing — a 2-minute dull story that focuses on people talking to the camera won’t sustain the viewers’ interest. It takes a compelling cinematic interview to effectively communicate brand message and keep viewers engaged. That is the magic of quality video editing.
In this post, we offer some expert advice on creating cinematic interviews for Fintech brands. Let’s see how video editing can elevate an interview video into an eye catching piece of content and help position the brand as a market leader.
What are Cinematic Interviews?
Interviews are usually used to communicate a story by putting a face to the emotion of the topic. Adding cinematic elements to your interview adds more depth to the narrative and enhances the visual enjoyment of the video.
A cinematic interview is shot in the same way as motion picture filmmaking — with a high level of visual artistry going into capturing every shot. A videographer or a Director of Photography will use more lighting, better quality lenses, shot composition, color grading, and different camera angles to create a beautiful cinematic interview that enthralls viewers and communicates the brand message effectively.
Top Three Qualities of Great Cinematic Interviews
Video editing professionals use numerous techniques, tools, and ideas to make cinematic interviews look as good as possible. Interview videos generally focus on an individual answering questions on camera, usually on a particular theme. The interviewee can be a subject matter expert or simply someone providing a point of view and lending a personal touch to a story.
Read more about: How Post-Production Pros Create Engrossing Interview Videos
The best qualities of interview videos are:
- Great storytelling – Interview videos are an unscripted way of bringing a story to life by someone who actually lived it. The small details and anecdotes shared by the interviewee makes for great storytelling.
- Authentic – Interviews are authentic, and one of the best ways to get information directly from the horse’s mouth. They showcase unscripted, personal opinion or information on a certain topic from an expert or someone involved in the story.
- Provide an inside look – This is another great quality of interview videos. Think about how interviews give access and an inside look into the lives of celebrities, CEO’s, and prominent dignitaries. Similarly brand interview videos give viewers an access to the people behind the brand and information that might be out of bounds otherwise. This also lends a human touch to the brand and allows them to connect with viewers on a more personal level.
Read more about: Top 6 FAQs About Interview Video Editing Answered by Our Pros
The Pros of Cinematic Videos For FinTech Brands
Cinematic interview videos are crucial to the success of fintech brands as they enable viewers to connect with the brand on an emotional level while acquiring a deeper understating of the core values of the fintech services provided and the personnel who are running it.
Boost customer loyalty
Cinematic video interviews can help customers understand a challenging product and service, its benefits, or they can serve as authentic testimonials that showcase customers how others feel strongly connected to a fintech product or service. These videos are a great way to boost customer loyalty and brand awareness.
Help build trust
Cinematic videos that interview past customers who are genuinely satisfied with a financial process or service can immediately help build trust among potential customers and build personal connection with the brand.
Improves customer understanding of products or services
Sometimes customers find it difficult to understand a product or service. In such situations, cinematic videos can educate the customers about the brand while providing audio-video guidance regarding the potentially confusing elements.
Serve as marketing tool
Using Fintech cinematic videos in marketing can improve brand visibility and position the brand as a market leader.
Fintech videos usually need to be fairly technical. Adding cinematic elements to interviews helps create visually appealing content that captures the viewer’s attention.
How Post-Production Can Elevate Your Cinematic Interview Videos?
The lion’s share of the time taken to complete a cinematic interview is spent in post-production. This phase comes after shooting the video. Post-production is considered the last step in the journey of a story from script to screen and is hence essential to elevate your cinematic interview to the next level.
Video editing professionals have the resources and ideas to creatively enhance the look and feel of cinematic interview videos. Here’s how our post-production experts make interview videos successful by including the following elements:
- Editing – the first step of post-production, editing involves assembling raw footage into a coherent story. Expert editors comb through the footage to spot the best shots, puts the footage in sequence, finesse the timing of the edits and put together all the final pieces.
- Color grading – color correction and grading is done to fix problems in the footage like white balance or exposure.
- Sound design – this is the stage where audio levels are balanced, music is added and adjusted, and sound effects are included. Having the right sounds at the right moment can add depth, texture and emotion to a scene.
- Graphics – graphics are deigned, illustrated, animated elements that enable the viewers to notice your message. Visual elements like simulations or animations are also used to engage with viewers in an informal way.
- Special effects – video editors use software like Adobe After Effects or Cinema 4D to incorporate special effects in interview videos.
Our editing professionals also use abstract visuals, stock footage, Creative use of Stills, B-rolls, to make interview videos successful.
Read more about: 7 Essential Post-Production Steps That Lead To A Successful Video
Quality post production should rank high in priority in your planning stage because it has the ability to take your cinematic interview video to where you want it to be, to meet your end goals and reach your ultimate vision.
At Motion Edits, our post-production team of seasoned video editors, sound engineers, and creative directors make sure each element of video editing reaches its peak. Whatever the purpose of your video, we deliver video editing solutions that can help to make the greatest impact on your audience. To know more, get in touch with us today!